Letter from SEPAC 


I hope the school year is off to a good start for you! I wanted to reach out and introduce myself—my name is Eliza Spaulding (parent to 3rd grade and 1st grade students at Burr), and I am the 
SEPAC (Special Education Parent Advisory Council) Liaison to the Burr School. I also serve on the SEPAC Board as one of the Co-Chairs. 

In MA, each school district is required to have a SEPAC comprised of volunteers, who provides feedback to the School Committee and district on special education programs and policies. We also serve as a liaison between caregivers of students with special needs and school district administrators. We offer regular educational meetings that address a range of issues related to special education. In my role as the Burr liaison, please come to me with feedback on what’s working well for you, areas of concern, or if I can be a sounding board or resource. My email is: elizaspaulding@gmail.com.

For more information about Newton SEPAC, or meetings, and our online discussion group, please visit: https://newtonpac.org/
Our first virtual educational meeting will be: 
Basic Rights Workshop
Tuesday, October 18th from 7-9pm
Facilitated by the Federation for Children with Special Needs and 
Presented by Jessica Sales Cohen
For information on the topics that will be covered, please visit the flier.
The workshop will not be recorded, so we hope you can join us on October 18th!